Media, Entertainment, & Broadcasting
The overwhelming access to on-demand media, anytime and anywhere via the internet, handheld devices, radio and television has forever changed the time-to-market and monetization model for content providers. Media companies and their distribution partners are faced with the growing challenge of seamlessly and efficiently delivering high quality digital content in multiple file formats across a myriad of media platforms and outlets to targeted destinations. All-the-while ensuring its quality, security, and most importantly, reducing the content distribution time gap from source to end-points.
With the dynamic nature of media platforms and formats, turning digital media into delivery-ready file based assets and using current expensive file transfer solutions to move those assets to its intended destinations has significant challenges – both in CAPEX and OPEX costs.
Facilities that have purchased and operating current file transfer systems that have made the jump to high bandwidth LAN, WAN and GAN networks are still saddled with expensive solutions that are as costly to operate as it is to acquire – with some costing in the millions of dollars with high recurring yearly maintenance fees.
As an alternative, TransferSoft HyperTransfer embedded solutions can be manufactured at significantly less cost, allowing OEM and system integrators to offer their customers a high performance, lower cost option. Now, broadcasters, studios, media centers, distribution hubs and the like can benefit from reduced operating costs by dramatically accelerating the time to get content ready for broadcast or distribution and help increase revenue by expanding the available content and delivering it more quickly to the location it is needed.
HyperTransfer dramatically reduces the file transfer time by operating on the data as its being transferred at the available bandwidth. Files can even be differenced as they are being created. No one in the industry other than TransferSoft HyperTransfer technology can provide that capability.
Smaller studios implementing Cloud-based solutions can work with their ISP to integrate and utilize TransferSoft technology and now have the file transfer speed and quality of the big studios. Connecting to distribution partners and OTT outlets can also be enhanced by having HyperTransfer software implemented at both ends of the data transfer.
Post production can require a myriad of companies that specialize in working with different aspects of image, graphics, sound, trailers, and distribution, each needing to be able to receive the right version of the content from the digital asset management system and updated content as it is edited in the workflow process. HyperTransfer’s unique differencing technology has four different methods for minimizing the amount of data that needs to be moved between locations while simultaneously ensuring security and accuracy second to none.
- Maximum transfer speed, independent of block or file size moving millions of tiny files at the same speed as one or more terabyte size files.
- Runs as a service with no limit to the number of services that may be linked together for a fully integrated data movement environment.
- Employs TCP as the underlying transport technology with no bandwidth limitations and supports full bandwidth bidirectional data movement up to 10GbE at no additional cost.
- Data security and speed to ensure your strictest security requirements are met with two encryption algorithms and five alternative selections.
- Centrally manage, monitor and control your transfer activity, though the GUI or by RESTful use of the API to blend seamlessly with your existing operations.
- Reduces disk latency and the read overhead by reorganizing data packets into their original sequence before writing at the destination.